Monday, January 21, 2008

Martin Luther King Jr. Day Parade


I actually celebrated this holiday with a big bright smile on my face and a miss america wave. Yes, I marched in a parade. No, I am not black. But I AM a promoter of peace and that was the only qualification to march in the parade. We walked about 7 miles from Ala Moana Beach Park to Kapiolani Beach Park near Waikiki. It was a beautiful day and everyone was so nice to us- we even met the district representative of our area (Laie). She specifically sought us out and kissed us all on the cheek and took a picture. My cheeks were sore from smiling and my legs are cramped up from all the walking. It was a great way to honor the infamous promoter of peace, Martin Luther King Jr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You marched in a parade honoring Martin Luther King Jr. and then called him infamous? So what's it gonna be Amos, you gotta pick a side!

LauraDave said...

I agree with anon... you might want to look up imfamous in the dictionary... http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/infamous

Anyway I still love ya!