Monday, October 11, 2010

cravings

ahhhh....the wonderful things that make my mouth water...these would have to be the four major ones....
my first craving was chocolate milk. one night- i think it was just as i was getting over my morning sickness- i just HAD to have some chocolate milk. we went to the store and bought the 7 DOLLAR gallon of the dang stuff and i drank it in 2 days (well i drank about 3/4 of it- i couldn't stop juano from helping me)
2ND. when i was in utah as we were driving on the freeway there was a lot of construction going on so there were these massive piles of dirt. I HAD TO HAVE SOME!! the dirt looked so good- i drooled all over myself and yes...i did give into the craving a little...*shame*...i licked a rock. doesn't this look soooooo yummy? i only wish it tasted as good as it looks -_-
my THIRD craving has been ice. the ranch (where i work) has the best crushed ice in the world and i chomp on at least 3 giant sized cups of it a day while i am working. it is so irresistible. I knew it was a full-fledged craving today when i was so excited to get to work- on a monday, mind you- and the first thing i did was go and fill up a cup. it had been a long weekend without crushed ice. we just have the hard cubed kind at home. *GASP* i wish i were in roosevelt right now- the frontier grill has the best crushed ice IN THE WORLD!! wow- you see?
and last but not least and totally out of the ordinary: sour candy. weird. i never liked sour candy before...well maybe when i was a kid- just cuz kids like anything sweet. i might have eaten it but i never really liked it. i bought a bag of these succulent little gummy sours today at work and ate the whole bag in about an hour.
they. are. amazing.

so tell me- is there something irreversibly wrong with me? i know that i am a little iron- deficient and YES, i am taking my prenatals and reading labels to find the most iron packed food i can...
so lets hear it ladies...what was the weirdest thing you craved when you had a baby in the boiler?

5 comments:

Shel said...

I so wanted pizza... loaded... sad thing was that I couldn't have pizza because I was on a restricted diet (gestational diabetes). I asked everyone to make sure I had a pizza waiting for me after Ellie was born but... dang NO PIZZA! After that I didn't crave it as much.

jrkaman said...

You need to tell your doctor that you are craving dirt and ice as soon as possible. It is NOT a good thing. It usually means that you are short some sort of vitamin. That can happen even if you are taking your vitamins. Don't be embarrassed either...it happens to a lot of people. I craved sour candy all of the time too! Lol. I HATE sour candy but I couldn't get enough of the stuff when I was prego. Just make sure not to eat too much of it because it can give you a horrible upset stomach (I learned that the hard way!)

Tori said...

When I was pregnenat with my son I craved mud It never tasted as good as it looked. I also craved whole lemons I would eat them like an orange and jerky. With daughter I never really craved anything butr sweets and when i ate them it always made me throw up And sushi which you cant event think about when your preggo. Good new is cravings go away and you'll always have a good laugh about what you would eat when you go back and look at the past.

Sharene said...

I crave sweets when I am pregnant, especially ice cream. I don't eat very well, especially fruits and vegetables because I always throw them up and it is not fun to throw up either of those things. With Brooklyn I craved hamburgers. I like them fine when I am not pregnant, but I had at least one a week for a while when I was pregnant with Brooklyn.

Kellie said...

pickled bologna and peaches-fresh real peaches. Living in CA, peaches were no problem. Nearest pickled bologna? (the GOOD stuff) ...in MI. My gramma sent me a whole gallon of the stuff via UPS. Love and miss that woman!!!