Saturday, November 15, 2008

squat summit

despite the incessant rain and our inclinations to just stay home and be lazy we hit the trails on this lovely aloha friday. we knew that it was going to be super muddy but we went anyway. or i should say, i dragged juano up the slippery trail kicking and complaining. needless to say the mosquitoes and flies were in abundance but i turned to juan after almost slipping on my arse and said positively, 'look at the bright side of things- we'll have the whole trail to ourselves!'
and we did. its a good thing too because i had to take care of some business on the top of the mountain. and i don't mean a little tinkle. i had to full out squat for 15 minutes. oh, how embarrassing. you see- i ate a bad potato for lunch that decided to hit me pretty hard just as soon as we reached the summit. GOOD JOB! so i had to tell juano to wait on the trail for me to go take care of it. I grabbed a handful of leaves and found a good spot to squat.
i will spare you the unnecessary gory details and just show you the picture of the laughter that was the means of my defense mechanism for the embarrassment. ironically this picture looks like i am taking a squat right there in the middle of the trail. to bad you all don't get to see that much of me.

11 comments:

ilikewinter said...

Yes!! Ha ha!! That is awesome- as is the picture. Good job, you wilderness woman! LOL

Anonymous said...

Um, thanks for "sparing" us the gory details. Just knowing it happened makes the lack of a play by play ok I suppose. And seeing how enthusiastic you are about sharing a poop story publicly makes your lack of sanity ok too! Hopefully you've got it all out of your system by the time you arrive home for the holidays - the insanity I mean.
You rock Amos!

J

Sharene said...

That is so funny. It just made my day by reading it!! Happy birthday on the 3rd. Did I not e-mail you? I planned on it? Who knows. My brain took a vacation...maybe in Hawaii! That is where I would be if I could. I loved the stories for your birthday. That is so fun! I'm glad you are doing so well!!

Nina Winward said...

Amy,

This is Nina from the good ol days of Snow. I was chatting with Shellie and she mentioned that you were hanging out at BYU-H (oh I had a glorious summer semester there). Well my sis in law is comming to school in Jan. Any help with places to live? Thanks a bunch!

Shellie and Bryan said...

So just when do you think you are getting married, missy? Is this the truth of which you speak?

Nate said...

What a great story! I can not wait to see you in December! Will you be in Roosevelt most the time or will you be in SL? I have lots of free time so I might just have to head down a few times to hang! Let me know your plans. Lucas can't wait to meet you!

Nate said...

That last comment was from Brynn. I just wanted to say that I am amazed you were able to squat for 15 minutes. That is a long time to be squatting and pooing.

Isaak and Jackie said...

if Juan is still hanging around after your pooping incident than he is definitely a keeper. Sorry about the rotten potatoe. My blog doesn't show updates on yours because it is private.

Isaak and Jackie said...

amy I read your comment on nina's blog and I am wondering if there is an announcement that needs to be made?

Shimmyshimmy said...

me and my big mouth

kura2025 said...

And he still proposed...that's love!