Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our baby boy likes hiking...

while baby keeps kicking, dancing, and tumbling in my rumbly i keep trying to be active and healthy as I can be. on saturday we did one of our favorite nature walks above the beaches of the windward side of oahu. yes, i live in hawaii but it only feels like it on the weekends when we get to go play and act like tourists. this hike is called hau'ula loop and meanders through a pine forest and up on a ridge with spectacular views yet it takes less than an hour. it was a beautiful day and it felt so good to rise above the heat and feel the cool hawaiian breeze.
oh...and baby liked it...at least the snacks that we ate.
on the way back down we saw a family with young kids. the daddy was sporting a baby backpack...i can't wait to hit the hills with my baby on my back (or front). so now you know what i will be asking for christmas :)




of course we ended the day with a cool dip in the big pool. it feels so good to be weightless ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to recommend the Kelty Kids Elite backpack, it is awesome! I have done lots of research and this one was by far the most comfortable for child and parent! I got mine on ksl for $30 so I would buy used unless you have a spare $180 to buy new! So yes, we LOVE our child backpack (and the slings are heaven for carrying around newborns!)

Jeana said...

Way too fun! I totally had a dream the other day that you moved back to Utah and I was so happy because you could be on my volleyball team...So ya know, still miss ya!

Shellie and Bryan said...

I am so jealous of all your Hawaiian adventures :) Cute belly bump!

The Johnsons said...

Congrats on the little boy! You are looking gorgeous! Im so happy we a having a boy first and that he could be here any day now. I'll put up pics asap. Love lots

Sharene said...

Oh Amy you look so cute! I love your pregnant belly. I'm glad you are doing so well!